Cancellation Certificate is a documented proof of termination of National Identity Card (NIC/CNIC) in case of a death of any Pakistani citizen.
Cancellation Certificate is not a death certificate of a person. Cancellation Certificate terminates the National Identity Card of the deceased person to avoid any identity theft and misuse.
Who can apply for the Cancellation Certificate ¶
You can apply for a Cancellation Certificate if you:
- are an immediate family of the deceased person
- have a valid National Identity Card (NIC/CNIC)
What documents you will need ¶
You will need following documents to apply for the Cancellation Certificate.
- have Death Certificate of the deceased person issued from the Union Council office
- have Graveyard Certificate of the deceased person
- have all available original identity cards (NIC/CNIC/NICOP/POC/CRC) of the deceased person
You must bring all available original identity cards of the deceased person to NRC where they will be destroyed by the member of the staff.
How to apply ¶
You can apply by visiting a NADRA Registration Center (NRC) with required documents.